A few weeks ago, a friend shared with me a Sarah Kaye video where she spoke about the ten things she knows to be true. The video is brilliant (check it on You Tube if you haven’t seen it yet) and it made me think right away about my own list. She said it doesn’t have to be profound. In fact, you just have to list down the first ten things that come to your mind because they’re probably the most honest answers.
1. That God loves me;
2. That I want a career where I can help poor people;
3. That I love chocolates;
4. That I miss Papa and life won’t be the same without him;
5. That I have good friends;
6. That my family is my greatest blessing;
7. That I will be happy if I can be a speechwriter like Jon Favreau or a photographer like Sarah Black;
8. That being funny and plain looking is way better than being pretty but boring;
9. That I can live a simple life and be content;
10. That the best is yet to come.
It’s amazing how coming up with this list enabled me to see the things that are important to me and the things that I still believe in. So I’m not a skeptic, after all. And contrary to what I sometimes believe about myself, I’m really not ambitious. And somewhere beneath my doubts and my apprehensions which have been aggravated by all the things that didn’t come my way, there’s a deep conviction that God loves me. Because that was really— in all honesty and without any hesitation—the first thing that came to mind as I was writing down this list. And I guess when you know that to be true, a whole list of all things good and beautiful will inevitably follow. 😉