Crazy Weekend

It started as just a regular Friday, and by regular, I mean uneventful just like my life in general. And then in the afternoon, I got a call informing me that my appointment in my new job had been signed and they want me to start right way. So while I was very excited with this much awaited good news, I was also anxious as I didn’t know how to tell my current boss that no, I didn’t change my mind about leaving and that yes, I will not only be leaving, I will be leaving her sooner than she thinks.  But then in the middle of being anxious about this thought, I learned that our house had been robbed. My mom and my sister were both shaken so I took it upon myself as the lawyer in the family to be on top of the situation. Thus began a stressful Saturday spent talking to police investigators and the DSWD (the perpetrators are minors) who sounded like they would faint when I grilled them about the proper procedure. By the end of Saturday, I was so tired and stressed out, my sister and I decided to cap the night with Vodka. I went to bed at around midnight and it was then that it hit me that I was also a victim. And then the shock set in, and after that, sadness. You know how it is when something bad happens and you wish someone would take care of you at the end of the day and make things better? That was exactly how I  felt. I barely slept that night. And since I knew exactly who I wanted to comfort me, I texted him at around 2:00 am. Yup, just like that, I texted him. He did reply as he always does, but this time, it wasn’t enough. I figured what I needed was physical presence which, obviously, he was and is not capable of giving. And then I regretted texting him as it only aggravated my sadness. The following morning, I went to mass still distraught, in shock, and in pain. I decided to go to the gym to distract myself, and luckily, a friend texted to ask how I was and offered to meet me for coffee in case I needed company. Of course I needed company so I said yes. We ended up shopping afterwards, and as always, a new dress managed to lift up my spirits, this time at least for an hour. I went home, watched TV and finally prayed and cried to God the only prayer that makes sense in times like this: Lord, my life is in Your hands. And then I slept and woke up to another startling text: My new boss wants me to report for work this week. Waaaah!!!

All of these things happened within a span of more or less 48 hours. That means that within that period my life turned from uneventful to, not just eventful, but eventful in telenovelaic proportions. To complete the story, this boy I’m crushing on has started to make pa- cute (syempre dapat may love angle) and, I just have to mention this, the US Open is invading our lives, especially my mother’s. (Thanks to Nadal, she sometimes forgets that we have been robbed.)

I’m surprisingly calm now. I went to work early to finish something that’s due to be promulgated today. My boss isn’t around yet, so here I am figuring out the best way to break this to her gently. I remember praying before that I wish my life would be more eventful. Well, I got the job I wanted so I’m thankful for that. As for the other things though, maybe next time I should be careful with what I pray for.


About whathappensinbetween

It took me almost an hour to figure out what to write here so I guess that says a lot about me.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s